The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Request for general DNS and WHM/DNS tutorials

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gadriel, May 23, 2005.

1. gadriel

gadriel Registered

Request for general DNS and WHM/DNS guides(manuals,FAQs)

Hi all,

We're soon gonna switch to WHM controlled DNS servers so I wanted to read something about it and be prepared if(when :eek: ) something goes wrong. Please tell me if you know any good tutorials/guides/books/sites/whatever source of information on the subject. Thank you so much.

#1 gadriel, May 23, 2005
    Last edited: May 24, 2005
  2. LJNS

LJNS Registered

3. gadriel

gadriel Registered

I'm sorry I didn't mean flash tutorials. I meant more like text information(books etc).

4. gmagana

gmagana Active Member

You don;t need a tutorial, WHM manages DNS pretty straightforward.

Unless you don't have a good understanding of DNS and how it works (Zone files, master/slaver servers, transfers, queries, TTL, DNS caching, Authoritative servers, etc...). I'd suggest a more thorough introduction, for example DNS and Bind by O'Reilly ( http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/ ). If this is what you need, you need much more of the theory side than the practical side (the interface for DNS that WHM provides).

To someone that already understands DNS, the WHM interface is pretty straightforward.

5. gadriel

gadriel Registered

Thank you so much gmagana. Do you know if i can add additional zone templates in WHM also?