Reroute email from cPanel to Microsoft Exchange Server

GoldenPapa

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
Singapore
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hi Experts from cPanel,

I am IT Support who recently required to manage the cPanel platform due to our environment own a new site with cPanel structure.

Currently we have on premise Exchange Server 2013 that hosted in Singapore Office (Domain A), and we have another email service that hosted on third-party cPanel in new Indonesia Office (Domain B).

The objective is we need to reroute the email that received on cPanel, to lead it pass the email to our Exchange Server on Singapore instead of store on local storage of cPanel. (Our boss want all mailbox location standardize in Singapore Exchange Server, without changing existing Domain B name/mail address of Indonesia office)

Therefore result the mailbox of Domain B will located in our Exchange Server 2013 in our SG Office.

Is it possible? Any experienced exchange expert / mail administrator able advise me?

I believe it might able achieve via play around with cPanel DNS Zone (MX record, etc), Mail routing. After successfully configured then attempt process accept domain in Exchange Server, then create identical email address in Exchange Server according to Indonesia Office user mail addresses. However my ignorance is an obstacle, since if screwed up the process, Indonesia office mail might not working properly, it is production environment with approximate 10 users.

Please advise, appreciate.

cPanel DNS Zone.png

cPanel Email Routing DETAIL.jpg

ExchangeServer2013 SG.png

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Based on what I understand is that you want mail for one domain to be received and sent from Exchange? If that is the case it is just as simple as changing the MX records to whatever Exchange provided for the domain.

GoldenPapa

Registered
Jun 29, 2019
Singapore
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Based on what I understand is that you want mail for one domain to be received and sent from Exchange? If that is the case it is just as simple as changing the MX records to whatever Exchange provided for the domain.
Just because I am never done this before and new to this environment, therefore is not very comprehend/confident to define what I attempt to doing now is correct or not.

according your advise, can I list out the steps:

1. Create a MX record in cPanel with highest priority (below 10) and the field name is point to our Domain A.

2. Modify Email routing option on cPanel to either Auto or Remote Mail Exchanger

- Removed -

3. Login to our Exchange Server 2013 and create accepted domain, Accepted domain put as Domain B. According to scenario, should I choose Authoritative/Internal Relay/External Relay as domain type?

- Removed -

4. After created accepted domain, I can create mailbox in Exchange Server with identical addresses on cPanel (Example: [email protected]) and it should able send & receive the mails properly.

Is there any wrong/missing steps?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
I can confirm Steps 1 and 2 are correct - pending you're hosting DNS locally (that means if the nameservers for the domain point to your server and not remote)

I cannot speak to Steps 3 and 4 because I am not aware of the process to configure mailboxes with exchange, I do know they provide documentation on how to configure all of this. Exchange