The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resell Resellers Script

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rhodesy, Mar 11, 2004.

?

Once the script is finish. What would you be prepared to pay?

1. Nothing

41 vote(s)
    83.7%
  2. $10-$24

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  3. $25-$49

1 vote(s)
    2.0%
  4. $50+

2 vote(s)
    4.1%
  1. rhodesy

rhodesy Well-Known Member

Hey,

I am in them middle of creating a script that allows WHM resellers to sell on mroe resellers as I havn't been able to find any such script.

I currently have the add reseller, delete reseller and half of the edit reseller functions done but I would like help with this.

The adding of a reseller doesn't put any options on as default and so you have to edsit the reseller after. (Like in WHM at the moment) but I can't get all of the settings to save and I need someone who already knows about this (I am using whmreq()) to help me.

Thanks Allot :)

2. ddeans

ddeans Well-Known Member

Personally, i don't think I would want such a script. Resellers shouldn't be able to create resellers. Only you should be the one creating resellers, because if you don't monitor it closely then your server will get over crowded, and you will then be in trouble. I would assume your script just send a notice for you to activate the accounts, that way you are in control.

3. rhodesy

Right, if you take a look at http://webhost-unlimited.com/ultimate_reseller.php then that shows the details of the script.

For a demo of what the functions contain have a look at http:;//webhost-unlimited.com/UltimateDemo/

To make sure some functions - like the restart services functions aren't over used, there is a monitor on it that will send an email when it is being used too often etc.

It's not quite complete, I need to finish off the odd function and then go through all of the script and secure it all.

4. Planet_Master

Planet_Master Well-Known Member

I agree, before you know it there will be ten sub resellers for every reseller and hundreds of accounts flooding your server. Basically you lose control over your server and thats not good.

Best way to offer resellers the option to resell?
    Tell them to go Dedicated!

5. rhodesy

which is why there ii set quotas. With the specs these servers have, they can easily handle 1000 accounts - and i willlupograde from 2gb ram to more if needed.

6. Planet_Master

Understandable but 1000 accounts that you are not getting paid for because they are resold through somebody else is not efficient and is a loss to me at least anyways.

7. rhodesy

It's just another service to offer for the customer. If I sell a reseller nomally at £10 and I only gain one per month (just using dummy figures:) ) then thats just £10 per month - but if someone buys an ultimate reseller from me at £30 per month- they are using up space tht wd usually just be dead and I am getting £20 more per month and I might as well have just flogged the resellers at £7 per month...or given them an affiliate discount.

I created the script because virtual dedicated servers are such a pain to have. And this is another option that allows the client to sell resellers to people.

You could always be extra safes and put an account limit for the ultimate resellers.

8. rhodesy

On my server I have 55 resellers max.

That may seem a lot, but the server specs can handle a lot.

To reach 1000 accounts - that would have to have about 200 accounts each.

9. rhodesy

Sorry - bad maths - 20

10. rhodesy

Ok, well that may not seem many, but because of how things works, a lot of reseller have 1-10 accounts and then others have 60+ account. If a reseller starts reaching the 100 mark I usually reccomend they purchase a dedicated server as in most cases, 100 clients bringing in money mean that they can easily afford a server. If they don;t wish to have a server - which in most cases they do, then they are usually put on a new server or a new server is bought so that there is still ample room for growth.

I won't be asking much for this script. It may have taken me a while but the functionaliy will help me to create a automated whm system to sell.

I am thinking just £20 for the script - it willl be encoded.

11. Planet_Master

Well I like to look at it this way (Let me preface by saying making a profit is our goal):

You sell a reseller account say for $29.99 a month
    That reseller has 25 customers (domains) which is fine.
    That reseller has 5 sub resellers and they each have 25 accounts.
    Now you have a total of 156 accounts for only $29.99 a month.

Will that pay for your server and make at least a marginal profit? Not likely.

Of course a single reseller can have 155 accounts theoretically but most times when a reseller grows to a certain size they will go dedicated (I did 3 years ago) but one reseller for $29.99 a month can conceivably take up your entire server with small accounts. Not to mention the resource usage, imagine 150+ extra Databases. Yikes!

Not hardly worth it, sell them a low priced dedicated server...

The script may have some merit but it would still need to be controlled strictly and simply would be too much of a hassle.

Just my opinion...

#11 Planet_Master, Apr 11, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2004
  12. rhodesy

You have to set the prices right so that it is worth your while.

A 2.8ghz dual xeon server, 2gb ram and 2x240gb hdd's costs me about £160

Now, on each of the se servers I have about 55 resellers - say at £10 per reseller - thats £550 per server. I £390 profit per server - that's fantastic.

I then have other servers which are dedicated to these Ultimate.

Package 1 has 5 resellers at £35/month
    Package 2 has 15 resellers at £60/month
    Package 3 has 25 resellers at £90/month

Most people go for package 1 as it is what they can afford - sor I will have an example of a single server:

3x Package 1 - £105
    1x Package 2- £70
    1x Package 3 - £100

Now that's £275/month
    Minus the £160 costs.

£115 profit

Another example - which I think is more realistic.

8x Package 1 - £280
    1x Package 2- £70

£350/month
    Minus £160 costs

£190 per month

That's not as much profit as ordinary resellers, but you'r reaching out to a different market who would normally have gone off to buy virtual dedicated servers or dedicated servers so you're getting profit from a market that you wouldn't normally have.

It is extremly cost effective for people whoowant to set up their servers for virtual server hosting - yes I know it's not the same, it's the chrooted or anything. But it gives the client more control and more options and room to expand.

13. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... how much do you want to sell the script ?

14. rhodesy

15. rhodesy

$50 price tag.

16. electric

electric Well-Known Member

The ONLY way I would ever buy this script (and I will buy it if you have this feature) is if it can:

Limit the sub-reseller usage to whatever resource restrictions are set for the parent reseller.

For example, if the parent reseller has this set in their reseller center:

25 domains maximum
    1gb diskspace maximum
    10gb bandwidth maximum

Then the TOTAL of all sub-resellers created by this reseller should ONLY be able to have a TOTAL of 25 domains, 1gb disk, 10gb bw.

I hope that makes sense. This way, there is NO WAY they can create unlimited accounts, or go beyond what resources I have allocated to the parent reseller.

Let me know if you script can do this.

17. rhodesy

Well that's of course the only way that it could work. Otherwise you would have customers all over the place with no real limit on what they can use!

18. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Awesome.

Do you have a mailing list signup or something I can subscribe to so I know when this software is finished? I think that as long as it has highly restrictive features such as resource limiting (including max number of domains), then it would be a great value.

:)

19. rhodesy

I will set something up and post the link here.