The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller - access to client accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mariusz Jokiel, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Mariusz Jokiel

Mariusz Jokiel Active Member

Welcome,

I have such question. Is reseller can have acces to his clients accounts created via WHM oraz RvskinManager e.g. via ftp? I created an reseller, gave him privillages, created via WHM accounts but when I login to ftp on reseller account I have an access only to his account.

Best regards,
    Mariusz Jokiel

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

No. The reseller only has access to their sub-accounts through cPanel using the resellers' password and the sub-accounts username. Of course, with this access creating an FTP account is not a problem.

3. Mariusz Jokiel

Mariusz Jokiel Active Member

Yes, Reseller can create ftp account on his client account via cpanel but it is not solution. He can't do backup and manage accounts of his clients. Maybe there is some solution, some modifications to cpanel or pro-ftpd? Privillages via /etc/group and others...

Best regards,
    Mariusz Jokiel

4. Est

Est Member

Management of clients accounts,

I dissagree, on the latest versions of cPanel the reseller has a drop down list in his cPanel which allows him to switch to any one of his clients accounts, he can then do any management he wants including downloading backups etc...

This may not be a totally effective sollution, so if he needs more control, just give the reseller his WHM login details and ensure that he/she only has access to the correct facilities in his WHM account. It is quite versitile.

Otherwise you could probably do things manually with user groups and privalages via shell, but I'm not sure if cPanel will reset your settings... Also you be opening up unnessesary vulnrabilities..

Regards,