Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller access to WHM phpMyAdmin

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by jndawson, Dec 21, 2016.

1. jndawson

jndawson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    We want to provide our resellers access to phpMyAdmin in order to manage all of their customers' databases as we do with DNS, but that doesn't seem possible. When logged in to whm as the reseller, the 'SQL Services' menu isn't available, and there doesn't seem to be a setting for reseller privileges, either. Access is available in the cPanel portal, but that seems to confuse some resellers we have (yes, I know).

Are we missing something?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's possible to access phpMyAdmin as a reseller by entering cPanel using the cPanel icon in "WHM >> List Accounts" or by logging into cPanel directly with the cPanel account username and reseller password. This ability is controlled with the following option under the "System" tab in "WHM >> Tweak Settings":

Accounts that can access a cPanel user account

However, there's no direct link to phpMyAdmin available to resellers in Web Host Manager. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see that functionality:

Submit A Feature Request

Thanks!

3. jndawson

jndawson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Yes, we know. So do our resellers. Several don't like that method.
    A feature request was submitted 5 YEARS AGO: Ability to access PHPMyAdmin as a reseller from within WHM

At any rate, I opened a feature request to provide access for resellers to the 'SQL Services' menu in WHM.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That feature request was completed through the implementation of the method referenced in my last response. Feel free to post the link to the new feature request to this thread once it's approved.

Thanks!