The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Account >> Bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jurassic, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Jurassic

Jurassic Member

Hey People. I have got a reseller account and am using the CPanel 6 WHM. Even though i have a reseller account i also have a domain name hosted on the same server.

So i have:

1 - Reseller
    1 - Domain Hosting

I do not host my self.

But, i thinhk when i got my reseller, the admin merged the two accounts together. Since which i have noticed two bugs:

I can change the DNS settings of my domain hosted on his web server. When i added the wildcard (*), it crashed his whole DNS server! It was down over night! (Note: The service was not fixed after several restarts).

Secondly, it says i have my reseller diskspace and my bandwidth but cause the accounts have merged, my reseller has the extra space and bandwidth of my normal account.

Although, it says that only 50 mb (used by one client on the reseller) is in use. But wouldnt it also deduct the space used by my domain name? Obviously not :(.

-

Last but not least - i can add 99999999999999999999... ftp accounts etc, so why can i not make it unlimited? Is that down to my web host?

Thanks People.

Jason (http://www.JNUK.net)

2. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

Well first of all if his DNS was down and it was not noticed all night that say alot about your host. Second, why is he giving you access to modify DNS? Wrong! The rest of the issues should be taken up with him. We have no way of knowing what his given you so you wont get much help here.

3. Jurassic

Jurassic Member

Yeh but..

The fact still remains if a host gives his customer the option to modify DNS settings, and a user adds a wildcard why does this break the whole DNS server?

That should not happen! I'm not looking for help im just stating that there is a bug with that.

Also there is a few more in regards to disk quota. If you modify your clients disk quota individually you can go way above your limit!

As for the hosting thing, he is based in UK and i believe it was around midnight i was fiddling with the DNS.

Jason