Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Reseller Account Upgrade/Downgrade problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Domenico, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Hi,

When a reseller go to Upgrade/Downgrade Account he also can see other packages than there own.

How can this be solved so he can only see his own packages?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Domenico

So you all think this is ok??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ozzi4648

ozzi4648 Guest

[quote:4641c99bf0][i:4641c99bf0]Originally posted by Domenico[/i:4641c99bf0]

So you all think this is ok??[/quote:4641c99bf0]

Nobody thinks this is ok. You be keeping up with your WHM upgrades. This was fixed so long ago!

4. Domenico

I have the latest version all the time so I think this came back. You all better check it yourselves.

Or am I making a mistake?

5. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well, you are both correct.

Domenico - to solve the problem requires setting up a package using ' &userID&_ ' just as it says on the page -- this is in the Server WHM for &Create New Package.& It will still allow Reseller to see any packages created by 'root' though, so keep those to a minimum. For current Resellers you need to create a package in 'root', use their individual account name -- as described above -- then change them over to that plan. Then, and this is the important part, have them create a package for themselves and transfer their Domain Name to it.

ozzi4648 - you are referring to a Reseller providing/creating a &package&, which is true if the &only show this Reseller packages& (or similar wording) within the Reseller Center & Edit Reseller Privileges/Nameservers has been checked. It does not solve the &Upgrade/Downgrade& problem at all.

A lot of people are confused (which is easy to do) between the two types. In fact, the whold issue seems to confusing as even DarkOrb (besides that one-liner they have) does not provide documentation. Hopefully this, and more, will be included in the new Documentation for version 6.0.