The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseller account without a domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by skipper5, Sep 13, 2005.

1. skipper5

skipper5 Member

Hey all,

I have a server that I took over from someone and I am trying to get all the accounts straight and in the billing system.

When I am in WHM and looking at all the reseller accounts I notice a few of them do not have a domain associated with it. Now of course this means everywhere I look I can't get any info on them because everything seems to show accounts with domains.

How can I get some info and change these accounts? Any ideas?

2. skipper5

skipper5 Member

Anyone have any ideas? :(

3. Etheral

Etheral Well-Known Member

go to list accounts, then click on the notepad image next to the account name...

4. skipper5

skipper5 Member

See if I goto Show Reseller Accounts and look thru the list I see some resellers that look like this.

reseller 2 account(s)
    account1 domain package
    account2 domain package

Others have the domain name next to the reseller like there supposed to.

When I goto list accounts I can not find that user. I can however do a search on the owner/reseller and I see it as the reseller but nothing for the primary account of that reseller.

Does that make sense?

5. electric

electric Well-Known Member

Maybe try adding a fake domain to the reseller account in question? (Use the change domain utility or something?)

Doesn't have to be a real domain...

6. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you look at:

/var/cpanel/users/account1
    and
    /var/cpanel/users/account2

You will find that:

OWNER=reseller

From what you describe it would appear that reseller does not own a domain, and I doubt that it is even a user set up on your system.

The most common cause I see for this, is if you transfer an account from another server. It's cpanel user file will be copied over as well and this will keep the OWNER= tag. If that particular username is not set up on your server or does not have an account associated with it, then you will get what you describe. This may also happen if you restore an account from a backup after its reseller's main account has been deleted. I cannot be for certain what the particular case is for you, but this may help you understand where the problem might be.

7. qbert220

qbert220 Member

I had something similar on one of my servers. Somehow the DNS entry in the /var/cpanel/users file had been replaced with an XDNS1 entry. I edited this file and replaced XDNS1 with DNS, restarted cPanel and the domain appeared again in the accounts list.

qbert