The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseller account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by radhika, Apr 1, 2003.

1. radhika

radhika Active Member

Hi,

When i gave a reseller his WHM, i saw my hosting plan packages in his WHM 'Package' (create new account) drop downlist. Why? He supposed to create his own packages. Right?

Thanks.

2. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, they are ... but first you need to create one for them then switch them to that package. Then go back in the Reseller Center and in the options for their account, check the box for "only view their own packages they create" -- or similar type wording.

They can always change whatever allotments you give them, in the account you created and switched them to, as their Reseller allotments provide the resources for all packages created by the Reseller.

Edit: after re-reading I saw it needed to be re-worded a bit.

#2 Website Rob, Apr 2, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2003
  3. radhika

radhika Active Member

thanks Rob:)

4. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Your welcome. :)

Setting up Reseller accounts "is" different than a regular account and a few additional things need to be done. Once they are though, it's happy sailing after that.

5. Finkinstein

Finkinstein Well-Known Member

sorry about the dumb question, making sure.

With a reseller account... when you make an account with reseller priviliges, is the amount of space/bandwidth used by the total of all accounts limited by what the reseller is allowed automaticly OR must it be set in the reseller centre.

There are few options in the reseller centre but they seem to be for a single account they can set up, not in total.

---------------
    Edit
    ---------------
    Should the resellers account be set to their alloted amount (i.e. 5000MB, 50000GB) or to a smaller amount? Does it matter?

#5 Finkinstein, Apr 19, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2003
  6. Website Rob

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Once an account has been given Reseller privilages it can be 'allocated' with a block of Web Space & Data Transfer. That is the 3rd, or last option, in the Reseller Privilages and the one most preferred to provide. This is not a 'package' though, just Server resources the Resller has access to.

Now they can use those resources, create whatever packages they want (including one for themselves, although, that should be done by you as I mentioned in the post above) and WHM will keep track of it for them. Regardless of the packages the Reseller sets up, their total packages cannot go over their allocated allotments.

The best way to learn this is to setup a test Reseller account and play with it.

7. Finkinstein

Finkinstein Well-Known Member

Yeh, but I don't have time... I am scripting something and I wanted to make sure, thanks for your help!

So, this add's the resources they can use on top of what their account is allocated.

So, if you set up their reseller account with 5000MB of space and then in Reseller Centre give them 5000MB to use, does this not mean they can use 10000MB in total?