Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Reseller accounts Bandwidth/disk space

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ES - George, Jun 26, 2011.

1. ES - George

ES - George Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I was on a web host previously and owned a Master Reseller. I had a certain amount of Disk space and Bandwidth and couldn't create web hosting accounts that had more than what I paid for (disk space & bandwidth). I was given an error message.

Now, I own a VPS with cPanel/WHM installed & licensed. The only problem is, people are able to create packages/plans for hosting with unlimited space/bandwidth.

How can I limit people to how much space/bandwidth they can create accounts with?

Thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

You can adjust the resource usage limits for the reseller via:

"WHM >> Resellers >> Edit reseller privileges & nameservers"

Ensure that "Limit accounts that username can create by Resource Usage." is enabled, and that "Overselling Allowed" is not enabled. A full document on this page can be found at:

Edit Privileges/Nameservers

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ES - George

ES - George Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That looks to be per reseller account though, I'm not going to individually set the permission for each account, that will just become a pain in the back side. Is it possible to make this change global and apply to all new accounts created?