The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseller accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jasonfleck, Apr 6, 2012.

1. jasonfleck

jasonfleck Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    hello,

I am a root reseller in which I can create Reseller accounts as I can Customer Accounts.

I notice when I create a reseller account, that reseller then goes into WHM to create their packages, but they see the packages that I have created for my clients and resellers.

Is there a way so that when I create a reseller account, their packages are blank so that the reseller can then create their packages for their clients?

2. jasonfleck

jasonfleck Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    im a root reseller account. when i create resellers, their packages show my packages. is there a way so that when I create a reseller account, the new reseller has to create the

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You should have the following option in WHM > Reseller Center > Edit reseller privileges & nameservers area:

Specify which packages username can use for account creation

Select that option and then specify the packages available to that reseller. The reseller will not be able to create packages under this option but only can use those packages you've specified. This is the only way to do what you are wanting to do right now, which is to prevent the reseller from having access to all packages.

4. jasonfleck

jasonfleck Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    what i am looking to do is restrict the reseller from using my packages so that the reseller must create their own packages. i dont want the reseller seeing my packages in their package list.

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This option doesn't exist where the reseller can create packages but not see your packages. The only current option is the one I've noted where you restrict all packages and only allow set packages to be used / seen by the reseller. What you want to do doesn't currently exist as an option.

6. mjoubertcpt

mjoubertcpt Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    If I'm not mistaken, if a reseller creates a package, it would look like this:

reseller_basicpackage

However, if you log into WHM with root, you can create the package without the underscore (_) which will then mean only you will be able to see those packages, yours will then just be:

basicpackage

Below is a screenshot of mine:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ailzx2.png

The packages without the _ will not be visible to resellers - they would need to create their own packages. However, HC_Basic I have accidently created with the underscore (_) and all my resellers can see it.

Hope it helps.

Cheers