The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ckh, May 4, 2008.

1. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I want to limit a reseller account to let's say 10 gig drive space and 50 gigs bandwidth.

I also want to allow the reseller to oversell and sell unlimited drive space/bandwidth if they want, but still limit their reseller account to total used as mentioned above.

So, would I create the hosting account with 10 gig drive space, 50 gigs bandwidth, give it reseller privileges and check the allow unlimited ds/bw boxes?

So, lets say they create 20 accounts with unlimited ds/bw and finally one day, the drive space for all of the accounts including the reseller account reaches the 10 gig space limit. Would this stop them from creating more accounts and perhaps stop all the accounts from adding more files until they upgrade or if they hit 50 gigs bandwidth altogether, would the sites get the bandiwidth usage page?

2. ckh

ckh Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Knew that, but that isn't quite what I was looking for. Want assign so much resources to a reseller and allow unlimited but have the resources based on what they actually used and not what they assigned.

3. d_t

d_t Well-Known Member

To limit resource usage for resellers you need to go to "Reseller center" in WHM. Select an reseller account and click on "Edit Privileges/Nameservers". Then check the option for "Resource usage". There you can set the maximum disk space usage and bandwidth + overselling. (However, after you activate this option, I think that the reseller cannot create packages with unlimited resources)

If the reseller account is full (over quota), he cannot create more accounts but existing accounts are not affected.