The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Center BUG

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by YaroMan, May 24, 2005.

1. YaroMan

YaroMan Registered

Hello,
    Last nigt we update a cPaenl on one of our servers.
    After we run update non of users can't login to cPanel/WHM.
    When I'm going to Reseller Center, View Usage/Stats and Manage (suspend,terminate,etc) all accounts shows as suspended. All resellers accounts shows as suspended. I try to unsuspend them all and it is did not work. I try unsuspend account one by one same can't do it. :cool:

Please some one help me to solve this problem, becouse no one can login to server.

Best Regards
    Yaroslav

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2553

#1 YaroMan, May 24, 2005
    Last edited: May 24, 2005
  2. challii

challii Well-Known Member

I would take a guess as to say that your password file has become corrupted / gone missing.

Check /etc/shadow and make sure things look right in there.

3. YaroMan

YaroMan Registered

Look,
    The server now is no longer in production we moved accounts to another server and disconect ethernet cabel. For some reson root password is gone too now. And server rebooted automaticly at 6:13 AM EST today. No error massage nothing. And it is after I update cPaenl pn a server.

4. cPanelBilly

cPanelBilly Guest

This sounds more like a server hack from what you are describing. I would have a security team take a look at it.

5. YaroMan

YaroMan Registered

But look when server is not online, and it getting reboot becouse of Kornel error or some other thing. But it was ok beofre I update a cPaenl

6. Blue|Fusion

Blue|Fusion Well-Known Member

cPanel doesn't mess with the kernel, so it may have been a corrupt kernel. By looking at the Bugzilla reply, you're running RHEL3. Well first off, I highly suggest running up2date -u and up2date -uf kernel-smp kernel-utils redhat-release

That will update your system to the recent updates released by RHN last week. After that, check /boot/grub/grub.conf that the new kernel is selected as default, and then reboot. The new server may help your situation, but it may not.