The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Richard Ward, Apr 26, 2004.

1. Richard Ward

Richard Ward Member

I have an issue when creating a reseller account and its limitations. Let me give you a very simple situation to better follow my problem:

I create a site, example.com, with 500MB disk quota and 1GB bandwidth quota. I then add reseller access on example.com's user, 1GB disk quota and 2GB bandwidth. From the 'main' (root) WHM, I see example.com with 1GB bandwidth and not the reseller-allotted 2GB. Example.com's WHM adds client.com with 250MB disk quota and 1GB bandwidth and fills quota 100%. The reseller is then suspended because according to the main WHM, example.com was originally added with only 1GB bandwidth, even though the reseller privileges allow 2GB. If I allow 2GB when creating the original site, the user would have access to 4GB total (2 from cpanel, 2 from whm). Thus where the abuse lies. If I add the site with lower space than the reseller allowances, WHM suspends the site based on the original allowances and incorrect numbers are shown in the main WHM for the resold sites under example.com. I'm completely stumped and I've been sitting here for the past 5 hours trying to figure it out.

I'm running the latest STABLE release of cPanel on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3. (RHEL3) -- Thanks in advance.

2. Richard Ward

Richard Ward Member

Can you clairify this solution? Could I simply add a user without attaching a domain, and then add reseller access to this user? The only reason example.com exists is to provide a login/pass to WHM for reseller access, in which the person would add his own site to his own WHM instead of ours.

Thanks again.

(Edit: I was using 'fake' domains to WHM so that I could then allow the users of that domain access to reseller WHM. When I add the fake domain to the reseller's WHM I get "Sorry, that domain is already setup (remove it from httpd.conf?)".

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

#2 Richard Ward, Apr 27, 2004
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2004