The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Creation Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ukhost, Oct 31, 2002.

1. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi,

It's my understanding that you need to do the following when creating a reseller:

1. Create an account with the space, bandwidth limit for that reseller.

2. Set reseller privilages for that account.

3. Change the ownership of that account to the reseller.

4. Setup personal nameservers.

It may not be in that exact order, and I'm probably wrong!!

Anyway my first question is relating to &3&:

Do we have to set the ownership to themselves or can they be left as root, and only the accounts created by them owned by them?

My other question:

In I'm correct with what I've put at &1& could we just add a package called reseller then only have to set the privlages?

Even better, could there not be an option added so that certain packages can be created with the reseller privlages pre-set so that any user we give that package to will become a reseller instead of the current long winded way?

Kind Regards,

Neil

2. ukhost

ukhost Well-Known Member

Hi thaphantom,

Thanks for the reply!

So we don't have to change the ownership of the main account to theres?

What I was wanting to do was in the users main cPanel was show the package name &Reseller& or something along those lines anyway.

The way you have suggested would mean that they create there own account under there user.reseller account so wouldn't see the &reseller& package name! :(

Also if they are created as user.reseller will they have to use an IP address to access WHM or could they just use the servers url?

Kind Regards,

Neil