The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller - edit package problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hostito, Jul 17, 2003.

1. hostito

hostito Active Member

Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone ran into this. I have one client who has trouble editing his packages.

I gave him 1 gig space.

He had created around 8 accounts. All averaging about 80 megs each. When he goes to edit pacakges, whatever is entered in the disk quota part shows as the amount the reseller has gone over. Meaning, he clicks edit, the first account is edited, and then the second always fails, saying that I went over quota by the same amout that the package is defined as having. In my mind this would mean that somehow something in /var/cpanel/users got of or something in some /etc file got off. I just have no idea from looking around what may be wrong. I submitted a ticket to cpanel, I was told to upgrade to cpanel 7, which I did, but it did not resolve my problem. What I did do as a temporary solution is upgrade the account to 2 gigs. This has allowed him to edit his packages as though he has 1 gig.

I am hoping some one here can help. If anyone has anyidea how the edit pacakges scripts works with the reseller quotas, I would love to know :) I am still waiting for a cpanel response in the meantime and if I find out from them, I will share here.

Kind Regards, and thanks...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 17936

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. hostito

hostito Active Member

I noticed this error did not accour to folks overselling disk space. However, I don't want to allow that.

Man, no one ever heard of this? I had a guy from cpanel verify it, and now it seems he gave up on it, since much like this forum, he could solve it (actually have not heard from him in a week now). I must have run into an new error with no fix.

bummer :(

3. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

I have a client with a similar problem. When he tries upgrading clients accounts to another package only the disk space and bandwidth changes. The other features are all shown as 0 in their cPanel. I wonder whether it was a wise decision for me to upgrade to the release version. There has been so many problems since that.

John