The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Limit Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by worldcops, Oct 7, 2003.

1. worldcops

worldcops Member

I want to allow the reseller to use all of his 100 MB of space across however many domains he wants. If I have been reading all this reseller stuff correctly this is not going to happen?

I am getting from reading the forums that his assigned space to his accounts are the limits, and not what is in them, and that his assigned bandwidth limits are counted instead of the actual usage?

Is all this correct, and if so, how can I make it so that the assigned limit is not used and only the actual usages are used against the reseller accounts?

If I am reading it wrong, can someone explain what the oversell feature is for?

Thank you.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Peoplespaces

Peoplespaces Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I believe you need to enable "Permit Overselling" on the Reseller Account to do this.

3. B12Org

B12Org Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, you have read it correctly (more or less). It counts how much you assign, if they dont use it all, you dont use it all kind of thing. It is a dedicated amount of space, however, if you do the over selling thing, and you as a reseller go over your limit because of one of your customers using to much, then instead of them getting suspended, cpanel suspendeds the reseller instead of the offending account for going over bandwidth limitiations, which then (in theory) could suspend all of resellers customers. not sure on that last part though.