Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Reseller Mail Limit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghostnorth, May 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ghostnorth

ghostnorth Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi there,

I was wondering if it was possible in cPanel/WHM to limit the amount of outgoing mail per hour on a reseller account (or even in total).

We want to migrate to using MailChannels for mail delivery (for our more premium service) and as such we need to have strict limits on the amount of e-mails that can be sent from each reseller. (I know it is possible if you limit the amount of accounts a reseller can make - however they could also just terminate and re-create accounts, so this doesn't fix the problem or fit our use case.)

I have seen other providers with this service on reseller accounts and I feel like it would not be economically viable unless they have this protection in place.

Is anyone aware how we would do this in cPanel?

Thanks,
    ghostnorth

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @ghostnorth,

It's not possible to limit the amount of outgoing emails sent by an individual reseller (and all of the accounts it owns). You could restrict the reseller so that it can only create accounts with specific packages where email limits are defined, but as you noted it's possible for the reseller to terminate and create accounts. I encourage you to open a feature request for this via:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...