The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Main Account v/s Sub Accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sigsys, Feb 1, 2005.

1. sigsys

sigsys Member

I think that I understand what is happening, but want to make sure. Can someone confirm the following.

When I create a reseller, I create a new account (reseller.com) and give it space (100MB) and bandwidth (1000MB). I then add reseller previledges and give the reseller the ability to add 5 domains, using 500MB of space and 5000MB of transfer. I also choose for the reseller to own their own account.

With that being the case, it seems that:
    1. The resellers account (domain.com) does not count toward their 5 domains. So they get their domain plus the five.
    2. They don't have the ability to modify their main account. So if they need more space for the main domain, I have to add it. They can view it in the site list, but can't change things like bandwidth allocation.
    3. I'm assuming that the bandwidth allocation only applies to the accounts they create and the main account draws from it's own bandwidth allocation.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

Correct. The reseller storage and bandwidth allocation is not co-mingled with the main account.

3. sigsys

sigsys Member

Thanks for the confirmation.

That being the case, what does the "Reseller owns their own domain" give to the reseller other than being able to see it in their site list?