The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller - multiple packages appear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by evolveweb, Oct 7, 2007.

1. evolveweb

evolveweb Member

I am a reseller and when I go into WHM to create another account, there are multiple packages that I can choose for the new client but the problem is I did not create them all. My supplier advises me that there is nothing they can do.

The reply I got was: "Unfortunately this is a shortcoming of WHM.

We have setup some packages in WHM for the accounts of direct customers of (my supplier), and all resellers are able to setup packages to help manage their own customers. Unfortunately when packages are created, WHM makes them available to all users.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way around this. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

So I can see all the packages that have been created by all users on that server. Why is that and is the information I go back accurate?

Thanks in advance....

2. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

WHM does that sometimes. Your provider can fix this by going into the reseller center and limiting the packages that you can create under your account. Tell them not to be so lazy, or perhaps learn whm a bit better.

3. evolveweb

evolveweb Member

Thanks jay, I can guess that they will not fix the problem. It is annoying that all of the packages made by anyone on that server are there for all to see. I just want my packages available to me and no-one else and the other way around.

4. bsasninja

bsasninja Well-Known Member

There is a problem with this, that I commented to cpanel staff. When you select which packages a reseller can use at the Reseller Center and then the reseller creates a new one it doesnt appears inmediately under they panel.
    I have to go to the reseller center, tick it and make it available for the reseller.

I think cpanel should change the code of how cpanel assign packages, all username_packages should be ready available for the desired username automatically when "select which packages a reseller can create" is active.