The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Nameserver Sharing IP Question

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by bjdea1, Mar 23, 2005.

1. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2003
    I've got a reseller and I can't seem to correct his nameserver problems that show up in

Here's what I have done:

1) I have "Allow nameserver sharing IP's " activated from within WHM.
    2) When creating his account I simply entered his nameservers in the "Edit Priviledges/Nameservers" resellers section of WHM. I didn't assign an IP and I didn't add an A entry.
    3) Then I went to his domain and added to the bottom :
    ns1 -> A ->
    ns2 -> A ->

Now he (the reseller) went to his domain admin area and updated his namserver ips as the same as our servers nameserver ips.

His websites work, but he's having email problems. When you do a lookup of one of his domains using his nameservers I setup the following errors come up:

FAIL: You have one or more missing (stealth) nameservers. The following nameserver(s) are listed (at your nameservers) as nameservers for your domain, but are not listed at the the parent nameservers (therefore, they may or may not get used, depending on whether your DNS servers return them in the authority section for other requests, per RFC2181 5.4.1). You need to make sure that these stealth nameservers are working; if they are not responding, you may have serious problems! The DNS Report will not query these servers, so you need to be very careful that they are working properly.

ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:

Your DNS servers leak stealth information in non-NS requests:

Anyone know how to correctly setup shared name servers and how I get rid of these annoying dns problems?
  2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    looks like his domain is pointing to most likely your nameservers needd to set the DNS for the domain but cant be sure as i do not know the domain