The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by GarryUK, Apr 3, 2004.

1. GarryUK

GarryUK Registered

Hi,

I am moving a client who has 2 reseller accounts on 2 different servers which are currently setup and working

What I want to do is move this resller to the same server so both reseller account are on the 1 server so is it possible to setup the nameservers in whm reseller settings

Primary Nameserver: ns1.reseller.net
    Secondary Nameserver: ns2.reseller.net
    Secondary Nameserver: (optional): ns1.reseller.com
    Secondary Nameserver: (optional): ns2.reseller.com

for the nameservers so there clients don't have to change nameservers, but have it all under 1 reseller account, will that work fine ?

2. rascal2trust

rascal2trust Active Member

Not sure if this will create probs or not, my main concern would be that you have one of the nameservers as the primary,NS1.com , which will be fine for those clients that had been using it, but not sure about the clients that had been using the other NS1.net as their primary before.

It will probably work fine, but have never tried it. Are you going to asign him dedicated IP's for the nameservers, If you assigned him a dedicated IP for NS1.com and one for NS2.com and then do an alias for the NS1.net and NS2.net that should work.

Jim

3. Optical

Optical Well-Known Member

All you need to do is just edit the IPs for the new domain that will be pointing to the server

I give free NS for resellers, and dont have to purchase IPs every time, all you need to do is just point the ns for the resellers domain to the same IPs over and over, then enable nameserver sharing in WHM, make the A records for each NS, works fine :)

:cool: