The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbro, Feb 18, 2002.

1. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Is there any way to create/define a reseller package, based on resource limits? I know that an account can be assigned reseller privileges etc., but what about defining it as a package?

2. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:5593445946][i:5593445946]Originally posted by rbro[/i:5593445946]

Is there any way to create/define a reseller package, based on resource limits? I know that an account can be assigned reseller privileges etc., but what about defining it as a package?[/quote:5593445946]

Not exactly sure what you mean here

3. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

In other words I can go into WHM and create a package and give it disk space , bandwidth etc. But what I want to do is create a package called reseller and give it a total of (for example) 2 GB disk space, 10GB data transfer and ability to add unlimited domains within those resources. Can this be done and if not could it be added as a feature request?

4. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

You can do this under the edit resellers option... First, you need to add reseller privilages to their account, then edit reseller privilages, and then just check &Limit Accounts &username& can create by Resource Usage: &

Make sure if you do this you define &Add/Remove Packages& as one of their options. This gives them the ability to define custom packages, and use them against their disk space quota.

5. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

I think you guys misunderstand me. I know about edit resellers and allowing THEM to create/define packages. That's not what I am talking about, Let me try to clarify again. I want to create/define a reseller package so that it will look like this:

RESELLER BASIC
    2GB Disk Space
    10GB data transfer
    a bunch of other reseller privileges

But I want this defined as a PACKAGE so I can have someone create an order form and someone can sign up for one of these packages. Maybe what I am asking for is to somehow incorporate the &edit reseller privileges& into the &create packages& function. Does this make more sense? Doable?

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:3c35ca1fbe][i:3c35ca1fbe]Originally posted by rbro[/i:3c35ca1fbe]

I think you guys misunderstand me. I know about edit resellers and allowing THEM to create/define packages. That's not what I am talking about, Let me try to clarify again. I want to create/define a reseller package so that it will look like this:

RESELLER BASIC
    2GB Disk Space
    10GB data transfer
    a bunch of other reseller privileges

But I want this defined as a PACKAGE so I can have someone create an order form and someone can sign up for one of these packages. Maybe what I am asking for is to somehow incorporate the &edit reseller privileges& into the &create packages& function. Does this make more sense? Doable?[/quote:3c35ca1fbe]

I'm still not sure I understand you ... but I don't think what you are asking is doable...

7. voxtreme-matt

voxtreme-matt Well-Known Member

I think what he means is create a package that will automatically assign reseller priveliges, based on the reseller options you selected for the package.

8. gorgo

gorgo Well-Known Member

What he means is

The reseller gets alloted ****Web Space, and ****Bandwidth

Then they can create their own price plans based off of that information, and those price plans are owned by the reseller.

Is that correct?

9. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

voxtreme has it pretty much. I am basically looking for a way to create an order form that will allow someone to sign up online for a resource based reseller package. After looking at the &Automatic signup script& thread, it looked to me like the signups are based on &packages&, so I am looking for a way to define a reseller package that includes the reseller privileges, resource allocations etc. The end result of this whole mess is that someone should be able to sign up online for an &unlimited domain& reseller package, so the package must include the reseller privileges as well as the pre-defined resource quotas. Still confusing, I know, but hopefully clearer?

10. Brian Farkas

Brian Farkas Well-Known Member

Okay, I get it now... basically, he's looking for a way to have the reseller sign up for a package as usual AND automatically have reseller extensions enabled on their account with a predefined amount of disk space and bandwidth.

In other words, a reseller would normally sign up, and support would have to activate their reseller account with a specific amount of space/bandwidth. What he wants to do is take support out of the picture, so that the reseller account is activated automatically upon signup for the regular account.

11. rbro

rbro Well-Known Member

Yep, that's basically it. Automatic account creation of a resource based reseller account from an online order form . Whew. Doable?