The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller Packages - How do you do it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AusJeff, Apr 23, 2003.

1. AusJeff

AusJeff Active Member

How do you do/want reseller packages?

I'm just trying the 2 most basic ways and both fail.

I want to let a Reseller have for example 100MB of Space and 100MB of BW. (I did say for example)

Now that part is fine. But when the reseller creates their own plans they can create plans for with everything you allowed them. For Example Plan500 = 500MB of space and 500MB of BW. We all know that the majority would use a 1/3rd of that space and BW but we say the plan is THIS big to compete.

However, then when the reseller creates a Account for a new user and select the plan they get this error:
    "Sorry you cannot create this account because you are out of disk space. You only have 100 Megabytes remaining, and this account requires 500."

What I would like to know is how on earth can this be allowed. I have checked the allow unlimited plans, overselling etc, and unticked the 'to remove limits untick the boxes') but to no avail. Resellers are forced to create plans under the maximum resource you offer them.

We all know that we could have 50 clients on a Plan500 above and not even use the 500MB of space. So why can't this system be based on the actual space used and not the amount listed in the Plan. So 50 clients later your using 499MB of space and then the reseller would need to upgrade to the next reseller plan you offer?

Is this at all possible ????

Also another feautre that is available, but doesn't work with the limiting resources would be to also limit the amount of accounts they can create in combination with the amount of space and BW you offer them. This saves having a thousand little sites by a reseller and you only getting $50 for it.

The WHM manual says "You can limit the amount of accounts that a reseller can create in a number of ways. All methods can be used with each other and the effects are cumulative." - But tick one and the other is not ticked when you go back into priviliges.

EG: Limit The Amount of Accounts RESELLER can create by number to XX accounts, and
    Limit Accounts RESELLER can create by Resource Usage (unlimited it not acctable here; Just uncheck the checkboxs to remove the limits):

Any Ideas to work around all this ????

2. pingo

pingo Well-Known Member

Go to 'Edit reseller privileges' in the reseller center and enable:

"Limit The Amount of Accounts bsprv21 can create by account type. (unlimited is acceptable)"

This will allow overselling. They would have to ask you to enable a package when they have created one though.

John

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: