The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseller privileges?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trops, Jun 16, 2003.

1. trops

trops Registered

I am about to sign up as a reseller with a hosting company using cpanel. I was curious how much access I would have to cpanel files.

The fact of the matter is I want to be able to create an auto-installer script that installs a user account having passed the paypal test.

The users account will contain his domain info, prefs, etc. It will also include a custom skeleton. I also want to install software that I have written for the user to have access to immediately. (they will not have to install it themself).

Would this be possible as a reseller? I have written the code in php, and have tested it on my personal server without cpanel. But since the host I am using is using cpanel for accounting, I was curious how I could see a demo of an account autosetup file.

And if anyone knows, how can I create a database for the user on account activation, that is populated with tables needed for my software?

Any ideas?

I know this is alot, so if anyone can answer ANY of my questions, I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Trops

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

All of it is possible, but it could be rather tricky I would do it like this in the coding:

1. Get Details
    2. Script Creates Account (this will also copy files from your cpanel_skel directory to there public_html directory)
    3. Make the script login to there cPanel using includes etc and make it set up a mysql user/pass and database etc (tricky?!)
    4. Make the script run a file in the users directory, to check everything over and do any last little bits of config.

Done!

3. trops

trops Registered

hmm good ideas

Well I have all of the code working onmy personal server as far as copying files, installing, creating a database, etc. And it works awesome...

But when I found out you need to use cpanel functions...I was back to square one.

So I found a snip of code for using the Accounting library of cpanel, which has a simple example on there. The problem is I dont know how the database accounts are setup. If I knew that , then I could start writing the code for it. Or at least getting me in the right direction!!

I am about to purchase the reseller account, but I dont want to be wasting my time with it, if this is not possible! And the even worse part is that I dont have access to any of the demo files, because I am a reseller, and have never seen cpanel files!!!

Grrrr...

Any help or nudge in the proper direction would be excellent.

Thanks for the ideas SoftMeg!

4. SoftmegUK

SoftmegUK Well-Known Member

Check your PM trops :)