The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller resource leeching

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by peachy, May 20, 2005.

1. peachy

peachy Registered

I have one reseller account that is somehow grabbing unlimited space and bandwidth for her 32 accounts.

On the same server, I have multiple reseller accounts, each setup in the exact same way:

- Limit Accounts by Resource Usage
    - entries for both disk space and bandwidth (in the case, 2 gig/20 gig)
    - overselling allowed is OFF
    - Bandwidth Limiting Modification OFF
    - Quota Modification OFF

All reseller accounts with the exception of this ONE cannot create accounts outside their limits, even though she has the exact same privileges as the others.

She is using one 'default' package she created for all of her domains. Now, when I go to edit this actual package in root WHM, the package itself shows 60 meg space/500 meg bandwidth BUT if I go to quota modification, each of these same domains shows unlimited disk space and view bandwidth shows 2 gig bandwidth for each domain.

Now ... let's do the math here: 32 accounts x 2 gig bandwidth each = 64 gig bandwidth, which is clearly over her set resource limit of 20 gig. Not only is she able to use/allocate unlimited disk space but also bandwidth even though all other resellers are bound by their set limits with the exact same setup.

I'm about ready to pull my hair out over this one. Anyone have any ideas on how I can force these limits for this reseller and have them stick??

2. peachy

peachy Registered

Additional notes...

Have un the following to no avail:

/scripts/quotacheck -i
    /scripts/initquotas
    /scripts/fixquotas (this one sets ALL accounts as unlimited)

/scripts/resetquotas --useplanquotas (this one resets all accounts to normal EXCEPT the 32 accounts under this one reseller.

3. peachy

peachy Registered

Resolved...

The reseller account in question had been setup with the package 'reseller', which had no quotas since they were being set in resource limits via reseller privileges.

As I understood, resource limits set in the reseller center would overwrite those set in the actual package, however this was not the case.

Created new package 'reseller_a' with her 2gig/20gig to match the resource limits also set via reseller privileges and all is well on all accounts.

Not very often that I actually get to answer my own support request... hope this helps someone else.