The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseller skins

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by denisdekat, Feb 14, 2002.

1. denisdekat

denisdekat Active Member

Hello all,

I would like for my resellers to be able to upload their own skins so they can brand their services. I know this can be done but I don't want their custom skins to be available to all other resellers. Is ther a way or plans for a way to control this?

Thanks!

2. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Let them decorate it with their own logo and I am sure no-one else will attempt to use it ;)

3. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

[quote:4beb010034][i:4beb010034]Originally posted by denisdekat[/i:4beb010034]

Hello all,

I would like for my resellers to be able to upload their own skins so they can brand their services. I know this can be done but I don't want their custom skins to be available to all other resellers. Is ther a way or plans for a way to control this?

Thanks![/quote:4beb010034]

A slightly round-about way is to limit your resellers to only sell the packages that you pre-define for them and not allow them to modify them. You could then include the customized themes for that reseller in those packages.

4. denisdekat

denisdekat Active Member

I though about these but I don't want to limit them on how they create accounts. Also, I don't want them stealing skin ideas and such IYKWIM.

So I guess there is no way to limit skin views to customers without forcing them on a plan? Kind of new to the cpanal here, so I'm sorry if this is stupid, but is there a way to do it the way I need it? Skins seem to me a powerful selling feature. But if a reseller bought a skin or made his, I can imagine he would not be happy to find out it was available to other resellers on the system.

Thanks anyways for yor replies!!! I would love it if you cpanel guys considered adding this feature :)

Regards ....

5. Ronny

Ronny Well-Known Member

anyway to do that?

6. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

Well,
    I tried to do this with a PHP script. This failed because all the CPanel tags would parse automatically. So I couldnt do if/else functions in the same file. It is possible, but waaay to much work for me. One possibility is using the CPanel owner tag. Make a theme that just has a blank for a logo. It then looks in the owner's directory for this file. You cant do the whole theme this way, but its a start.