The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller total bandwidth allocated incorrect

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by three am, Mar 15, 2010.

  1. three am

    three am Registered

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Running WHM 11.25.0, one of our resellers cannot create any new accounts.

    WHM is reporting that the reseller has been allocated a bandwidth amount roughly 20x larger than their account limit, and therefore cannot create any new accounts.

    I have checked over each of the resellers accounts, and the total allocated bandwidth adds up to only about 25% of their limit.

    Any ideas what could cause this, and how to fix it. In the mean time I have increased the resellers limit so they can create accounts again, but this needs to be rectified.

    Other resellers on the same server are reporting their total allocated bandwidth correctly.
     
  2. three am

    three am Registered

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Going by the lack of responses, this isnt a common problem.

    Does anyone know how the "total bandwidth allocated" on the "create new account" page is calculated, and where it pulls its data from.

    I assume there would be 1 account which has an incorrect bandwidth allocation set, and this is causing this problem. Simply going to the "view bandwidth usage" page in WHM, I am unable to locate any accounts with outrageously high amounts of bandwidth allocated.

    thanks
    Scott.
     
  3. three am

    three am Registered

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    i have spent some further time on this tonight, and discovered the cause of the problem.

    The account that was causing the extremely high bandwidth allocation was listed within "etc/userbwlimits"

    This account was originally brought over to our cpanel server from another cpanel server, using the "Copy an account from another server with account password" feature. After the account was copied across, the account name was changed.

    within the "etc/userbwlimits" file, both old and new accounts were listed, but only the current account would be updated when running "/scripts/updateuserdomains"

    The solution was remove the line for the existing account name from the "etc/userbwlimits" file. I also cleaned out references to the old account from a handful of subfolders within "var/cpanel"

    I beleive cPanel will need to look closer at their handling of the renaming of accounts. I am not sure as to whether the fact that this account was brought across from another server was a factor in this issue.
     
Loading...

Share This Page