The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reseller w/o the ability to resell....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dlennon, Mar 5, 2007.

1. dlennon

dlennon Member
    PartnerNOC

Hello - I have been made to come up with a solution that I don't agree with but must do because I still work for the man.... I have a customer that has multiple differnt accounts on one cpanel server. He wants to login to one account and have cp access to all of them. I know that is a reseller function, but I don't want to give him access to "resell" I want all of his sites to still be seperate with respect to disk, bandwidth, email, ftp and other values I have set for his individual hosting accounts. The first question is can I do the above? If so what would I configure under his reseller priv. Thanks for listening to the rant and any advice you can lend would be appreciated(advise that is as long as it pertains to the problem).

2. gflamerich

gflamerich Well-Known Member

You may perfectly do this by limiting reseller resources.
    For example, if this client has 6 accounts, just set this value as max accounts on reseller center, Edit privileges/name servers.
    Or chose any of the other parameter like disk space, etc. But the easy one is the total of accounts

Check this one and set ## as the number of accounts.
    Limit the amount of accounts your_reseller can create by number to ## accounts.

3. dlennon

dlennon Member
    PartnerNOC

Would I be accomplishing the same goal by removing the reseller's ability to add accounts and leaving that number null.

4. electric

electric Well-Known Member

In the reseller center, CHECK this option:

And then in the Feature Limits area, UNCHECK these two options:

This will basically tell cpanel that this reseller should be restricted to only create accounts using a package. But then you have disabled their ability to create/edit packages, so you are basically disabling their ability to create new accounts.