Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Reseller WHM: CPanel account on subdomain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lezarwerks, Jan 23, 2007.

1. Lezarwerks

Lezarwerks Member

I know this is possible.

Say I have website1.com. I have a buddy who can't afford a domain name, so I want to grant him subdomain1.website1.com with CPanel (as if it were a regular business account to customerwebsite1.com). How do I setup a CPanel on one of my subdomains?

2. Luciel

Luciel Active Member

I´m not sure if this will work but try this:

1. Create the subdomain on the cpanel of the domain.
    2. Create a cpanel account (using whm) and where the domain must got, put the subdomain, maybe that will work?

3. Lezarwerks

Lezarwerks Member

Ironic how it says Account Creation complete. Nothing was ever created. :p

subdomain1.website1.com - according to the above error, it is probably saying "website1.com already exists."

EDIT :: Nevermind. My webhost told me you aren't supposed to have subdomain1.website1.com already created, because when you create a CPanel account on subdomain1.website1.com, CPanel will make it for you. It fghwds up some stuff though, like MySQL and FTP - seems like an incomplete or experimental feature the CPanel Development team is working on?

#3 Lezarwerks, Jan 23, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2007