The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reggie-ray, Jul 11, 2005.

1. reggie-ray

reggie-ray Active Member

I Can get Unlimited everything on a resleller account for £10 a month Just wondering what the the distavatges and advatgaes or being a resleer compared to buying your own servers

Thanks

2. TitaniumHosting

TitaniumHosting Well-Known Member

Define Unlimited Everything?

3. reggie-ray

reggie-ray Active Member

Unlimited domain hosting
    Unlimited disk space
    Unlimited bandwidth
    Unlimited income potential!

pasted from the site

4. TitaniumHosting

Buddy, there is no such thing as Unlimited Space. Anyone telling you different, especially web hosts, should not be trusted as they are telling lies. :)

5. reggie-ray

reggie-ray Active Member

It's true, no one can provide truly unlimited web hosting, but when we say unlimited domains, diskspace and bandwidth, of course there are terms & conditions that you must adhere to. These accounts may not to be used to host a collection of MP3s, videos, anime, Warez, or to backup your computer or another source. They may not be used for general storage of any type. All content stored on an unlimited account must be directly used on the Internet by the website associated with that account. These accounts may not be used as a download distribution point for your software or media. They are to be used for standard web practices only. This means that all content stored on an unlimited account must be used for "acceptable" website use. “Unacceptable” usage is anything that a shared server would not be able to provide under standard circumstances. If all diskspace used is for acceptable websites, and all bandwidth used is for acceptable activity, then when we run out of diskspace and/or bandwidth, we simpy add more. Of course you are not the only reseller we have to think about, so while your business grows, so do theirs, but so does ours. And this is the way in which we can continue to upgrade our resources to provide the "unlimited" promise.

also from their site lol

6. TitaniumHosting

Ah ok I see where they are going. :) But just don't be fooled by promises of Unlimited Space or Transfer. It is impossible to provide those as a server has to end somewhere, even if they had all the servers in the world, they still would not be able to provide Unlimited Space or Transfer. :)

7. reggie-ray

reggie-ray Active Member

so would it be better to do that or buy my own server ?? also i didnt think that transfer would have limits ?

8. TitaniumHosting

My suggestion is to either get your own dedicated server - virtual-hosting.ca is good - or get a reseller who does not claim to offer unlimited space and transfer. :)

9. fwwebs

fwwebs Well-Known Member

I suggest reading up on servers and control panels, as well as building your own server before leasing a dedicated server. Even with a managed dedicated, you'll need at least a basic understanding of it's operation.

This is all marketing. Even hosting companies that offer well defined limits may oversell their servers to the point of slow-downs and outages. Researching the company and creating an account for test purposes will be the true test.

Go to your cPanel's status page and check the server load and disk percentages, to give you an idea where you stand.

10. reggie-ray

reggie-ray Active Member

kk ill test it at £10 a month with no minimum contract (that i can see) ill just spend on one month and then decide - thanks for the help

11. thehostinghut

thehostinghut Well-Known Member

I hate that places offer unlimited on space.

We do unmetered which is a little different. That is on space though. We have a few unmetered bandtwidth servers so there is a way to offer that to clients. As of yet we have not been billed or even asked why we use what we use.

Here is how I see it if an account is using 1 gig in storage space (regular hosting client) it is time to look at what is there. There are not many people that can justify using 1 gig of space.

Just my 2 cents.

Tracy