The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reseller's Account Suspension

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Popetrix, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Popetrix

Popetrix Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I am using WHMCS to manage my customers and to interact with cPanel/WHM. Before, when a reseller owed me money and didn't pay on time, WHMCS would send the "Suspend" command to cPanel/WHM and cPanel/WHM would suspend the reseller's account AND whatever sub-accounts he/she might had. In that way the reseller was forced to pay quickly because their customers would put pressure on the reseller.

For some reason, after a while, when WHMCS sends the "Suspend" command cPanel/WHM will ONLY suspend the reseller's account and not the accounts under the reseller. I know I can go to the reseller --> view reseller usage and manage account status and manually suspend the reseller's sub-accounts but it is time consuming. I want it to be a single command issue and all accounts under the reseller (including the reseller) to be suspended.

I mean, if the reseller's customers are down because the reseller is not paying (and they are paying the reseller) it will put pressure on the reseller to pay in time.

Is there a fix to this? I talked to WHMCS and they told me that the "Suspend" command WHMCS sends to cpanel/WHM hasn't change through updates.

Thanks,

Francisco

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You could utilize the suspendreseller WHM API 1 function as documented at:

WHM API 1 - suspendreseller

Per it's documentation:

This function also suspends all of the cPanel accounts that the reseller owns.

Thank you.

3. Popetrix

Popetrix Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry. I am not a developer so this will sound stupid but, How do I tell or instruct WHMCS to do or use that API?

Thanks,

Francisco

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Basically, you can't.
    I'm not aware of this ever being the case. It might bring pressure for you to get paid as you suggest, but you'd also make that Reseller and you, look bad if you did this.

My 2.