The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers...Backup function as with ROOT??? is this possiable

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JohnodACD, Dec 1, 2005.

1. JohnodACD

JohnodACD Active Member

I have several resellers and i want them to be able to set up their own backups as i can do with root. I want to offer them a seperate account on another server that they can access their backups but i want them to just be able to get theirs. Is this possiable or does anyone knwo any addon or porgram i can use that will give per site backups with mysql?

2. rhenderson

rhenderson Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You want them to have a WHM cPanel backup so they can restore the account? They can do a backup via cPanel theirselves. There msybe a different way but you could just run a cron using rsync and copy the specific backup for that account to where you desire.

3. bjarne

bjarne Well-Known Member

I think that it is a bad advice to suggest using backup option inside cpanel, never seen it work, only create problems. Not possible to restore etc.

4. JohnodACD

JohnodACD Active Member

Ok i have had similar problems where it is hard to restore so do you know any other program that will work? I am looking for something that i can either set as a cron and forget untill i need a backup of mysql and files?