The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers can create unlimited packages?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SHSaeed, Oct 24, 2002.

1. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just to test it out, I created a reseller account with 500MB space and 10GB bandwidth. Then I logged into the reseller control panel and created a package with unlimited everything and I upgraded an existing account to this package. Now when I click on create a new package WHM doesn't list the space/bandwidth this account is using and it shows that I have all my alloted space/bandwidth left. I need to test this further but it looks like resellers can create unlimited packages and escape their set limits!

Anyone else noticed this? Is it a bug or anyone know anything about this?

2. SHSaeed

I just noticed another thing... WHM doesn't allow the reseller to create a package with unlimited bandwidth but it doesn't stop resellers from upgrading to an unlimited package! I guess it must be a bug.

3. SHSaeed

Submitted to bugzilla... http://web.cpanel.net/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=958

4. SHSaeed

Wow, kudos to Nick for his quick fix.

He added the options to the reseller center. You can now choose if you'd like to allow a reseller to create unlimited packages or not. If you set it not to and the reseller creates an account with for example unlimited bandwidth, it will set it to 1MB :p