The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers can still access all featurelists.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gkgcpanel, Jan 25, 2010.

1. gkgcpanel

gkgcpanel Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I've reported this before, and even in 11.25, it still seems to exist.

If a reseller logs onto his/her WHM, they can create new packages for use with their own sites, and they can pick any of the features we have defined (even from other resellers).

See example below:

Either creating a new package, or editing an existing package, will allow the reseller to choose any of the reseller packages we have defined. It shouldn't allow them to select them, heck, it shouldn't even allow them to see the other featurelists. Just like turning off the option for

Allow the reseller to use all global packages (global packages are any packages without a "_" in them)

Prevents them from seeing/using any of the global packages, this should also prevent them from seeing/using any of the global featurelists...

Any idea when this will get fixed?

Thanks,
    Peter

Attached Files:

2. gkgcpanel

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Bump

Hello. Anyone home at cPanel???

3. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    If the issue was reported in a support request, please let me know the ticket ID number involved so I may bring it to attention for internal review. If a support request was not used, please be aware that the best avenue to report bugs is via our ticket system, such as by using the link in the top-right corner of the forums, labeled Bugs; using this ticket-based method helps to ensure greater efficiency, accuracy in diagnosis, full and in-depth investigation and faster resolution. Thank you for your understanding.

4. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    When testing for the symptoms I was unable to reproduce the issue using the latest EDGE build of cPanel 11.25, specifically 11.25.0-EDGE_43470.

I recommend ensuring the system is upgraded to the latest available build for the configured build tree, such as the latest available RELEASE build (per the provided screen capture image).

If the symptoms persist please escalate via a ticket and PM me referencing this thread and your support request ID number. Thank you. :)

5. gkgcpanel

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    upgrading...

Hi Don,

Thanks for that information. We normally only stick with STABLE builds. This one was accidentally upgraded to RELEASE and it was too late to downgrade again by the time we noticed it. Too many people were already using the advanced features in 11.25.

The reason we stopped opening tickets is because in the past each time we reported a problem an engineer would merely log in, force an upgrade and log out and say the problem is solved. This in my opinion is not the way to solve problems that occur. We can upgrade too, but that's not always the best solution. We stay with STABLE builds for a reason.

Once in the past a cPanel engineer forced an upgrade of a production server to the latest EDGE build and it broke tons of features and services. Our customers were pissed to say the least and we ended up spending hours to restore the server back to a STABLE release. This is why we don't open tickets any longer because we would rather not have to go through that again.

We don't mind opening up a ticket if the engineer would actually research the problem and contact us with a probable solution before just quickly forcing an update.

I can not see the benefit of upgrading to the latest EDGE build at this time (or even the latest RELEASE).

Thanks,
    Peter

6. cPanelDon

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    As of the time of writing cPanel 11.25 has reached STABLE after considerable refinement. For verbose information about the new release and for change details please see the following resources:
    cPanel Change Log - STABLE Build Tree
    cPanel Release Notes

I apologize for the difficulty experienced. We very much want to know where improvement is needed, such as in the instances described. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and I believe invaluable to ensuring the utmost quality of service. When possible, please send me a PM with the ticket ID numbers involved so I may bring them to attention for internal review.

Switching to EDGE is usually not necessary. For the purposes of issue verification EDGE was used as the basis for my testing to ensure the latest fixes are taken into account; however, at the present time I believe you can safely use STABLE and expect the same result that I experienced.