The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers can view ALL packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by testudo, Jun 30, 2002.

1. testudo

testudo Active Member

There have been a couple posts about this, but no announced solution or workaround. I didn't think I had this problem, but now I see why:

1. When I set up a reseller and restrict account creation by resource usage, the reseller can see only his/her packages.

2. When I set up a reseller and restrict account creation by number, then the reseller sees ALL packages on the server.

The only workaround when using scenario #2 is to have the reseller create all their packages at once, then go back to Reseller Center and specifically allow access only to those packages. Problem is, this means the reseller can't see any newly created packages unless he emails me first and I give him access to the new package. Kind of a pain, as you might imagine.

Anybody (especially the CPanel gang) have a clue on this?

2. testudo

testudo Active Member

The silence is deafening.

3. Elena

Elena Well-Known Member

Have you placed a bug report about this yet? Or if someone else has, sometimes it helps to post your experience also to ensure Nick sees that it is a problem with more than just 1 webhost.

--& enter a bug
    --& view bugs

4. testudo

testudo Active Member

Thanks for the links, Elena. I haven't been able to find on the site the link to view bug reports. Now that I've been able to look through bugzilla, it appears no one has reported this although there has been some discussion in the forums.

I'll submit it.

5. SHSaeed

SHSaeed Well-Known Member

Hmm. I tried and created a test reseller account and I couldn't see the other resellers' packages. Check your reseller's permissions in the reseller center.

6. testudo

testudo Active Member

Well, I originally didn't think I had this problem but later learned otherwise. The problem doesn't strike me as one of permissions, but I've been wrong before.

If you'd like to play along at home, here are the privileges I enabled for the resellers:

Add/Remove Packages
    Account Creation
    Never allow creation of accounts with shell access
    Enabling/Disabling FrontPage Extensions
    Account Termination
    List Accounts
    Enabling/Disabling SubDomains
    Password Modification
    Quota Modification
    Reset Shopping Cart
    View Account Bandwidth Usage
    View Account Statistics
    Account Suspension
    Account Upgrades

Set up the reseller to limit account creation by resource usage. Fill in some bandwidth/space values and click Save. Everything is fine: Reseller can see only his own packages when he goes to create an acount.

Now, simply un-check this and then check &Limit The Amount of Accounts reseller can create by number to n accounts&. Fill in some value, like 10 accounts and click Save again. Poof! The reseller can see *all* the packages in their package list.

This is why I don't think it's a question of permissions.