The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers & Nameservers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ShelaghG, Dec 21, 2004.

1. ShelaghG

ShelaghG Active Member

Apr 11, 2002
    I've had my own server for a while now but have never hosted a reseller before and I have some questions. I've set up her reseller account and created the entries for the nameservers - she now has her own 2 ip addresses for her nameservers that are different to the ip addresses for my own nameservers. I had thought that her nameserver ip addresses could/would be the same as my own. Is there a way to set this up and are the any pros or cons to doing it one way or the other.

When I go to the reseller centre I also see features Manage IP Delegation - do I have to check the boxes of the 2 ip addresses assigned to her nameservers? There's also Manage Main Shared/Ipless Ip - do I set this to the ip address of her first ip address (if different to my own)?

I'd appreciate some help please. I've been told on WHT that she can create her nameservers with the ip addresses mine use - what do I have to do for her in WHM? Do I show her nameservers in the reseller privileges section?

Thanks - Shelagh