The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers of resellers...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by creativ, May 3, 2002.

1. creativ

creativ Registered

Hi!

I have just 2 questions - so here they are!

1) Is it possible for resellers to resell resellers accounts? Effectively leading to resellers of resellers???!!!

2) Are there any top-level (NOT reseller!) hosts out there that allow their resellers to use add-ons such as modernbill and/or fantastico?

Cheers! I really appreciate it!

2. creativ

creativ Registered

Um... Does anybody fancy taking 30 seconds to give me an answer please????

3. snowgod

snowgod Well-Known Member

1.) Resellers of resellers... no
    2.) Not that I have ever heard of.

You'll catch more bees with honey than vinegar..

4. creativ

creativ Registered

Many thanks - it had been a week with no replies, and a major business decision - i.e. to buy cpanel, plesk, ensim, or even just go the reseller route - has been hanging on this question (plus some others scattered around other bb's)...

Now that we have almost all of our questions answered, it looks like we'll be going for our own dedicated server with cpanel. So our next question is which cpanel distributor / host do we go with? I have heard great things about site5, not so great things about burstnet, blah, blah, blah...

Ultimately, we're not too bothered by individual comments. We're looking for someone who can deliver - and has a track record of - near 100% uptime. OK, so I know 100% is close to impossible (even though I know of some hosts that achieve it!), but I am looking for 'close to'. 99.9% won't cut it, either. We'll need at least 99.99% or better to please some of the high-profile clients we'll be moving over. And we don't just want claims of 99.99% either! We want proven track records!!!!

Cheers!

5. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

creativ,

1) it is possible to allow resellers to resell. A reseller of mine has his own 4 resellers. Each of his resellers has individual WHM. I have to enable the reseller personally though.

2) My resellers can use fantastico (hehe) but most keep it secret and instead offer &installation services& at a low price.

kosmo