Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Resellers: username_ prefix on packages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by keyDet79, Aug 22, 2003.

1. keyDet79

keyDet79 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an idea how to remove the username_ prefix that gets added to all packages created by a reseller? Without me adding their packages as root since making them global will allow all resellers to see the packages, no?

Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

You could rename the package files in /var/cpanel/packages.

But I think all packages without the username_ prefix will automatically be regarded as global. As far as I can see, WHM has no other mechanism to determine global status or not apart from looking at the file name.

If such renamed packages are seen as global, I guess you couldl edit each reseller's priviliges and select those packages you want them to use. But I don't think I am would be in the mood for all of that ;)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...