The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resellers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stickthemepark, Aug 17, 2004.

1. stickthemepark

Just a quick question.

My reseller has a limit of 2gb Space and 15gb Bandwidth.

It seems one of his users has used 14.9gb and some other acounts have used a bit and to me it looks like its added up to over 15gb

Will the reseller automaticaly get suspended after the 15gb has been used if it hasnt already?

Im lost on how things are gonna add up here and if I have to step in to stop accounts.

2. LA_fro

LA_fro Well-Known Member

No it will not suspend the account. It will only suspended individual account for exceeding the bandwidth. Also something to look at is in their reseller account did you allow overselling?

3. stickthemepark

I allowed overselling, so that then means his sellers cant use more than 15gb? and if I dont enable overselling that means its shared between everyone?

4. mcpaa

mcpaa Member

if you do not allow overselling it means once the accounts have used the given space and bandwidth it will suspend it i think.

5. LA_fro

LA_fro Well-Known Member

Overselling allows the reseller to sell more space than you sold him. The assumption is that they will only use about 1/3 of the space per account. So technically they can sell an infinite amount of space even if you limit it.