Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Reserved IP Problem - Unable to reserve ip's?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by atcomputers.us, Dec 23, 2005.

1. atcomputers.us

atcomputers.us Registered

Hiya.

I've never had this problem before. I just got a new server up and running...

I have 4 IP's on the system. 1 is the main shared one, and 3 others i want to reserve. However, when i go to 'Show/Edit Reserved IPs' there is no place for me to reserve those other IP addresses.

Another problem, is when i have my resellers create accounts on the new server, they use up the 3 ip's as dedicated pretty much and then they can no longer create accounts.

Anyone know how to prevent them from using the IP's and a way to reserve the IP's so they can be strictly used for nameservers or what-not?

Thank You.

2. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Did you check the system ips with the help of ifconfig?.If not try it now. Also restart the ipalias.
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/ipalias restart.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...