The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Reset WHM config & remove accounts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by esports, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. esports

esports Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My current WHM account has like 6 cPanel accounts, a lot of bad configuration, wrong DNS entries and - most important - the main domain will be sold soon.

I'd like to clean reset the WHM/cPanel and start again with the Wizard that lets me decide for the hostname , mail and for the main domain/account.

I can manually delete all current accounts from WHM (and later restore only what's needed)

Is this possible without reinstalling the OS? How? I am not sure that by just removing whostmgrft this will happen..

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, You can change your all setting. First of all change your server hostname through WHM ->> Networking Setup ->> Change Hostname

And For the default nameserver, you can check that through WHM ->> Server Configuration ->> Basic cPanel/WHM Setup

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's not possible to completely erase or reset your cPanel installation. You'd need to reinstall the OS, and then complete the cPanel installation process.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you.