The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resetting a user/domain's bandwidth to 0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LiNUxG0d, Jun 10, 2010.

1. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hey gang,

I've scoured Google and nobody has any solution for this.

Is there a way to reset ONE users' accounts as well as all his domains? Or just one specific domain?

There are some people speculating to the /var/cpanel/bandwidth.cache/ folder but I don't think that's the right way of doing it anyway. ;) I tried. No luck.

Thanks!

2. rachelm

rachelm Well-Known Member

actually, /var/cpanel/bandwidth is where you should be looking, the files in there are what store the users bandwidth usage stats.

3. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hey there Rachel,

Thanks for the information, however, I'm very aware of where the files are, however, I'm not privy to the inner-workings of the bandwidth manager. :(

Is there a command I can send it to wipe a person's bandwidth? I mean, it's safe to think if cPanel/WHM does a "mass wipe" every month that you can trigger a per-domain wipe when required, no?

It's hard to believe that something as common as this would come up. Granted, in the last 8 years as a cPanel admin, I haven't really had much use for something like this, but, I'd rather clean a customers bw than set it to a large ridiculous amount and fudge up (possibly?) my resellers' quotas, etc.

cPanel wanna ring in here or what? Mods?

:D

Warmest regards,