The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resetting password for user: cpldap

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Clint Decker, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Clint Decker

Clint Decker Member

Oct 15, 2014
    Saratoga Springs, Utah, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to upgrade mysql from version 5.1.68 to 5.6 and it is telling me that some of my mysql passwords are stored in pre-4.1-style encryption.

I have successfully updated all users on the system with old encrypted passwords. There is 1 user left on the system that I can't figure out how to update. The user is: cpldap

I tried updating the server root password, the mysql root password, etc. I can not figure out how to update this user. If I proceed with the upgrade of mysql, it says the user wont be able to login. It appears as if its a cpanel type user.

Does anyone know the password to this account so I can update it? Is it the same as my root password?
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The cpldapd service (which is what that database/database user is associated with) is not utilized is existing versions and is removed from cPanel in version 11.46. You can proceed without making changes to that username.

Thank you.