The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resolv problem?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trout21, Apr 3, 2004.

1. trout21

trout21 Well-Known Member

Hello, I have attempted to set up my own nameservers - and have been through the processes with my domain registrar and have initiated everything in WHM.

However, upon typing in my domain name I just get the website not configured screen! If I type in the domain and /~username I get my site - but it resolvs to the servers name rather as the domain name?! (understood that my domain should have resolved to the server ip thus resolving to the dns zone for the domain and finally my site?)

I have searched on this forum and google but cannot suss out what I have done wrong. My server support leaves a lot to be desired too!

Anyone got any clues...

Regards, and thanks for any replies,
    trout.

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Without even knowing what your domain name is, I can but assume that it has propogated as it at least resolves to your box.

Next step, check your NS setup, the zone file for the domain and you may even have to look at your httpd.conf file.

More details and I/we can probably resolve your problem:)

3. trout21

trout21 Well-Known Member

aha

Thanx for the reply.. I have just come back today - and for some reason everything would appear to be working now! Apart from an unholy long propogation time I cannot figure any thing else.

oh well!