The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resolve issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djoverho, Jan 5, 2004.

1. djoverho

djoverho Active Member

Hi, we recently changed datacenters and servers so we moved everyone over...most everything seems to be running ok now but we have one account that is having an issue that is a little confusing.
    when you type in his domain www.hisdomain.com it gets a page not found and if you ping it, its still showing the old server ip. Well if you just put in hisdomain.com without the www it goes right to it and it pings to the new server. I have checked dns and its showing everything correct...it matches what everyone else has...What am i missing...I'm sure its something simple that I am just overlooking. Thanks in advance.

David

2. jmweb

jmweb Well-Known Member

Post what you currently got. Something obviously isnt correct.

3. simplybe

simplybe Well-Known Member

also check the entry in httpd.conf is correct

4. djoverho

djoverho Active Member

Actually, I found out what it was...there were 2 seperate dns records for the same domain one with just domain.com and other was for www.domain.com which was pointing to the old server...so I just changed it and it should be fine once it propogates...thanks for everyones input though.