The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Resolved] Parking a domain - You may not create issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Legin76, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Legin76

Legin76 Well-Known Member

I've have a domain set up with a temporary address and have just changed the domain on the account to one it's final domains.

As root when I try and set the previous temporary domain up as a parked address I get the error message "You may not create "temporarydomain.com"". The domain is no longer listed in the dns or anywhere else I've looked. But would like it to work for a while longer. I assume it's still listed in a file somewhere but can't find it.

2. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Is there more to the error message you received? Or is that all you see? Usually it will tell you exactly why
    you can't add the parked domain name.

3. Legin76

That's the full message

4. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You mentioned you have root access, please open a support ticket using the link in my signature.
    Then please post the ticket here so we can update this thread accordingly.

5. Legin76

Hi

The ticket id is 4562279

6. AmGeologist

AmGeologist Registered

Just hit the same problem today. I'd tried adding a zone record due to a parking error I was getting. I removed zone record, found an mx record, removed it, but I'm still getting this error.

Thanks,
    -dana

7. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The ticket mentioned in the previous reply above yours, had to do with nginx issues. Are you running nginx?

8. AmGeologist

AmGeologist Registered

Thanks for the reply.

No.

I was trying to park a domain. Added a dns zone for the domain, deleted the dns zone. found a mx record, deleted it.

Found what I needed to do was a simple as add the godaddy name server ip remote service ips which allowed me to park the other two domains but this one's getting the error.

- - - Updated - - -

should mention that in WHM when I go to park a domain I see the domain that I want to park is owned by system.

9. AmGeologist

AmGeologist Registered

OK. I "fixed" things by changing the owner of the domain in /etc/userdomains

Thanks,
    -dana

10. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Good news then. Thanks for updating the thread. :)

11. namesbuying

namesbuying Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I am facing the same problem but I couldn't find /etc/userdomains !! BTW, I am the owner of my server and I have full access to its root and cPanel. Please, help!

12. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can try running:

Code:
    /scripts/updateuserdomains
    However, the /etc/userdomains file should already exist. How are you attempting to access it?

Thank you.

13. namesbuying

namesbuying Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you. I will try it now..

14. namesbuying

namesbuying Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry, I am newbie. I access /etc/userdomains file via FileZilla !
    Shall I run the above code /scripts/updateuserdomains via PuTTY

Thanks for help!

15. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You have mentioned a couple of frequent points of confusion encountered by new server owners and I would like to try to offer some clarification.

Please do not edit files on your Linux server by downloading them using FTP (FileZilla), editing them on your Windows workstation, and then uploading them again. Not only is that very inefficient, but you are going to introduce problems into the files, and that is going to cause big problems, sooner or later. Windows uses a different line break character from Linux, and using a Windows editor on your Linux configuration file will introduce invalid characters and eventually break services.

Instead of downloading a file, editing it, and uploading it, use a Linux editor directly from the shell (SSH). vi is the traditional Unix/Linux editor. While vi is very fast, its usage is not very obvious, so many new users prefer to use nano. nano is very easy to use, with clear on-screen prompts, and there are many tutorials online that explain how to use it. You can get some good basic information about nano here:

Nano | Dedicated Server School

There are many more tutorials online if you search for "linux nano tutorial" in your favorite search engine.

SSH, which stands for Secure SHell, is what you are using when you use PuTTY. Many server users, including us in cPanel support, do not use Windows, so we do not use PuTTY. Because of that, you are going to frequently see the phrase SSH, not PuTTY. SSH refers to the protocol you use to access the shell on the server; PuTTY is just one specific program that uses that protocol and happens to run on Windows.

To answer your question, yes, you must run /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updateuserdomains via SSH. You can access the server via SSH using any number of different client software, but the point I wanted to make is that the method of accessing your server is really called SSH, not PuTTY.

To elaborate, the shell is the command prompt at which you type in Linux commands. You can access the shell remotely, using SSH (it is meant to be a Secure way to access the SHell), but if you had physical access to the server, you could also access the shell by using a keyboard and display plugged into the server. You can think of what you see in your SSH session, as being exactly what you would see if the server was in front of you with a keyboard and display plugged in.

I hope this helps to clarify some confusion. :)

16. namesbuying

namesbuying Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you very much for all important detailed information. :)

17. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You are most welcome!

18. z0575

z0575 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

1. Nginx is not installed
    2. In /etc/userdomains no domain
    3. Run /scripts/updateuserdomains not help

4. The log in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log:
    Code:
    [2014-07-10 10:27:01 +0400] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request The subprocess ended prematurely (status: EPERM/1).: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[park] function=[ADD]: set error in context park: raw_response=[{"statusmsg":"Ran adminbin Cpanel/park/ADD","status":1,"mode":"simple","exit_code":256,"data":"You may not create “newadd.domain.ru”.","action":"run","error":1,"timeout":0,"version":"2.3"}] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 108
            Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request('namespace', 'Cpanel', 'module', 'park', 'function', 'ADD', 'data', 'newadd.domain.ru newadd.mainuserdomain.ru', 'action', 'run', 'env', HASH(0x3da04f0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 104
            Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun('park', 'ADD', 'newadd.domain.ru', 'newadd.mainuserdomain.ru') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Park.pm line 249
            Cpanel::Park::_park('newadd.domain.ru', 'newadd', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AddonDomain.pm line 87
            Cpanel::AddonDomain::api2_addaddondomain('newdomain', 'newadd.domain.ru', 'subdomain', 'newadd', 'dir', 'newadd.domain.ru', 'pass', 'nhzvnhzv0101') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 116
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 116
            Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec('AddonDomain', 'addaddondomain', HASH(0x7ff4eeb668c0), HASH(0x2753710)) called at cpanel line 997
            main::real_cpexectag('<?cp AddonDomain::addaddondomain(\'% %\',result,reason) newdomain=$FORM{\'domain\'},dir=$FORM{\'dir\'},subdomain=$FORM{\'user\'},pass=$FORM{\'pass\'} ?>') called at cpanel line 4161
            main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel line 3978
            main::cpanel_parseblock('<cpanel setvar="headerimg=../images/topsubdomains.gif">\x0A<cpanel setvar="dprefix=../">\x0A<cpanel Branding="include(stdheader.html)">\x0A\x0A<style type="text/css">\x0A<?cp Branding::spritelist(.spriteicon_img_mini {float:left;margin-right:5px;background: url\\{leftparenthesis}"%"\\{rightparenthesis};} %,@spriteurl,images::#icon-${img}_mini {background-position\\{colon}0 -${cssposition}px;width\\{colon}${width}px;height\\{colon}${height}px; }:) imgtype=icon,subtype=img,method=scale_60percent,format=png,img=addondomain ?>\x0A</style>\x0A\x0A<div class="body-content"> \x0A\x0A<div class="h1Title"><div class="spriteicon_img_mini" id="icon-addondomain_mini"></div><cpanel langprint="INDXAddonDomains"></div>\x0A\x0A<h2><cpanel langprint="AODAddition"></h2>\x0A\x0A<!--\x0A<?cp AddonDomain::addaddondomain(\'% %\',result,reason) newdomain=$FORM{\'domain\'},dir=$FORM{\'dir\'},subdomain=$FORM{\'user\'},pass=$FORM{\'pass\'} ?>\x0A-->\x0A\x0A<cpanelif !$CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}>\x0A\x09<div class="success_details"><cpanel Locale="maketext(\'The addon domain \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D has been created.\',$FORM{\'domain\'})"></div>\x0A\x09<!-- <cpanel Ftp="addftp($RAW_FORM{\'user\'},$RAW_FORM{\'pass\'},$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'},,,$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'})"> -->\x0A\x09<cpanel langprint="AODGoFileMgr">: <a target="_blank" href="../filemanager/index.html?dir=<cpanel uriprint="$homedir">/<cpanel uriprint="$FORM{\'dir\'}">" class="ajaxfiles"><cpanel langprint="TFileManager"></a>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<cpanelif $CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}>\x0A\x09<div class="error_details">\x0A        <cpanel print="$CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}">\x0A\x09</div>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<cpanelif !$CPERROR{\'ftp\'} && !$CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}>\x0A    <div class="success_details"><cpanel Locale="maketext(\'The FTP account \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D has been created.\',$FORM{\'user\'})"></div>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<cpanelif $CPERROR{\'ftp\'}>\x0A\x09<div class="error_details">\x0A        <cpanel print="$CPERROR{\'ftp\'}">\x09\x09\x0A\x09</div>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<div class="return-link"><a href="index.html">&larr; <cptext "Go Back"></a></div>\x0A\x0A</div><!-- end body-content -->\x0A\x0A<cpanel Branding="include(stdfooter.html)">\x0A') called at cpanel line 3892
            main::y(GLOB(0x353b660)) called at cpanel line 5257
            main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 785
    [2014-07-10 10:27:01 +0400] warn [cpanel] Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request error: namespace=[Cpanel] module=[park] function=[ADD]: set error in context park: statusmsg=[Ran adminbin Cpanel/park/ADD] at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Wrap.pm line 118
            Cpanel::Wrap::send_cpwrapd_request('namespace', 'Cpanel', 'module', 'park', 'function', 'ADD', 'data', 'newadd.domain.ru newadd.mainuserdomain.ru', 'action', 'run', 'env', HASH(0x3da04f0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AdminBin.pm line 104
            Cpanel::AdminBin::adminrun('park', 'ADD', 'newadd.domain.ru', 'newadd.mainuserdomain.ru') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Park.pm line 249
            Cpanel::Park::_park('newadd.domain.ru', 'newadd', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/AddonDomain.pm line 87
            Cpanel::AddonDomain::api2_addaddondomain('newdomain', 'newadd.domain.ru', 'subdomain', 'newadd', 'dir', 'newadd.domain.ru', 'pass', 'nhzvnhzv0101') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 116
            eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Api2/Exec.pm line 116
            Cpanel::Api2::Exec::api2_exec('AddonDomain', 'addaddondomain', HASH(0x7ff4eeb668c0), HASH(0x2753710)) called at cpanel line 997
            main::real_cpexectag('<?cp AddonDomain::addaddondomain(\'% %\',result,reason) newdomain=$FORM{\'domain\'},dir=$FORM{\'dir\'},subdomain=$FORM{\'user\'},pass=$FORM{\'pass\'} ?>') called at cpanel line 4161
            main::dotag_finished_headers(0) called at cpanel line 3978
            main::cpanel_parseblock('<cpanel setvar="headerimg=../images/topsubdomains.gif">\x0A<cpanel setvar="dprefix=../">\x0A<cpanel Branding="include(stdheader.html)">\x0A\x0A<style type="text/css">\x0A<?cp Branding::spritelist(.spriteicon_img_mini {float:left;margin-right:5px;background: url\\{leftparenthesis}"%"\\{rightparenthesis};} %,@spriteurl,images::#icon-${img}_mini {background-position\\{colon}0 -${cssposition}px;width\\{colon}${width}px;height\\{colon}${height}px; }:) imgtype=icon,subtype=img,method=scale_60percent,format=png,img=addondomain ?>\x0A</style>\x0A\x0A<div class="body-content"> \x0A\x0A<div class="h1Title"><div class="spriteicon_img_mini" id="icon-addondomain_mini"></div><cpanel langprint="INDXAddonDomains"></div>\x0A\x0A<h2><cpanel langprint="AODAddition"></h2>\x0A\x0A<!--\x0A<?cp AddonDomain::addaddondomain(\'% %\',result,reason) newdomain=$FORM{\'domain\'},dir=$FORM{\'dir\'},subdomain=$FORM{\'user\'},pass=$FORM{\'pass\'} ?>\x0A-->\x0A\x0A<cpanelif !$CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}>\x0A\x09<div class="success_details"><cpanel Locale="maketext(\'The addon domain \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D has been created.\',$FORM{\'domain\'})"></div>\x0A\x09<!-- <cpanel Ftp="addftp($RAW_FORM{\'user\'},$RAW_FORM{\'pass\'},$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'},,,$RAW_FORM{\'dir\'})"> -->\x0A\x09<cpanel langprint="AODGoFileMgr">: <a target="_blank" href="../filemanager/index.html?dir=<cpanel uriprint="$homedir">/<cpanel uriprint="$FORM{\'dir\'}">" class="ajaxfiles"><cpanel langprint="TFileManager"></a>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<cpanelif $CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}>\x0A\x09<div class="error_details">\x0A        <cpanel print="$CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}">\x0A\x09</div>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<cpanelif !$CPERROR{\'ftp\'} && !$CPERROR{\'addondomain\'}>\x0A    <div class="success_details"><cpanel Locale="maketext(\'The FTP account \xE2\x80\x9C[_1]\xE2\x80\x9D has been created.\',$FORM{\'user\'})"></div>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<cpanelif $CPERROR{\'ftp\'}>\x0A\x09<div class="error_details">\x0A        <cpanel print="$CPERROR{\'ftp\'}">\x09\x09\x0A\x09</div>\x0A</cpanelif>\x0A\x0A<div class="return-link"><a href="index.html">&larr; <cptext "Go Back"></a></div>\x0A\x0A</div><!-- end body-content -->\x0A\x0A<cpanel Branding="include(stdfooter.html)">\x0A') called at cpanel line 3892
            main::y(GLOB(0x353b660)) called at cpanel line 5257
            main::run_standard_mode() called at cpanel line 785
    [2014-07-10 10:27:07 +0400] warn [AddonDomain::addaddondomain] Encountered error in AddonDomain::addaddondomain: You may not create “newadd.domain.ru”

you could not help sort out the problem?