The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resolver

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by amorosso, Aug 31, 2009.

1. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

Can someone please please please help me. I'm ready to push my wife out a window... This is driving me nuts.... LOL no, but really..

I went out and spent the money on a dedicated server, bought cplanel..
    And for the life of I cant' get it to work.. One user from here did spend and great deal of time with me last night but it still don't work..

The issue... None of my urls will work in cpanel.. They work fine in Plesk. Question what ip do I put in the resolver.. I just don't know.. How do I set up this Cpanel.. I hope I have a wife and a lap top to see your reply.. Thank you for your help..

2. devGOD

devGOD Well-Known Member

do you mean under Networking Setup - Resolver Configuration? If so then the Primary & Secondary Resolver should be the Nameserver that your DataCenter/Host Provider gives you in the welcome email OR if you have your own Nameserver setup you can input the IPs there.

3. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

Thank you.. Yes I do. I did get these two ips from godaddy today ..

Server Support: The resolver IP's would be: 208.109.188.8 and 208.109.188.9

I did put these in but still I can't get my domains to work at all. What I'm I missing.. I feel it''s right there in front of me but I just can't find it.. Or for that matter I don't know what I'm looking for..

4. amorosso

amorosso Active Member

forward

If I forward a domain to my cplanel the domain works fine.. Does anyone know what I'm missing...

5. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Have you ensured that your servers name servers are setup correctly and that they are listed in you domain names that you host? Have you updated the name servers at your registrar for the domain names to the ones you have listed in your dns zone settings?

6. devGOD

devGOD Well-Known Member

just checking in to see if you've managed to get your domains/sites to load?