The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

resolvers changed by themselves?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secret Agent, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

I noticed on two different servers that the /etc/resolv.conf had two different resolvers from the original, both in the same data center and both using the same two new resolvers, both originally using the correct default resolvers.

Somewhere cpanel must have adjusted this. The servers are both in the same colocation facility, same 147.xxxxx resolvers originally and now changed to 69.xxx and both same configs/cpanel etc.

Anyone else notice this? It competely affects mail in/out and cannot even ping to yahoo.com

2. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

They were in this order:

That is for pegasus web technology which I have nothing to do with whatsoever. The two servers were also already in stock and been with the same two customers for well over 2 months now.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I've never seen the resolv.conf file modified by cPanel and I don't see anything that does in /scripts/ - you'd need to ask cPanel if there's anything that they do that would change it.

4. Tom Pyles

Tom Pyles Well-Known Member

Noticed something similar here on different servers in different datacenters

5. edesignway

edesignway Well-Known Member

I had the same thing happen on four of my servers last Friday. It changed to an IP that was not working, so routing from the server out to the world stopped until I found that problem.

6. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Can some cpanel tech confirm this was an actual bug? I don't find it to be anything but an overnight mishap considreing 3 of us reported this so far, same time of occurence as well.

7. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You've been told before, you have to log it in bugzilla or log a support ticket if you want an answer from cPanel, posting here won't elicit an answer.If you've done neither then they may know nothing about the problem.