Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Resource usage issue

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by rizal aziz, Jan 29, 2019.

1. rizal aziz

rizal aziz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi guys, do you have any idea why my resources like physical usage, i/o usage, inodes, process, always high hit? In one cpanel I use 4 addon domain while I'm still in development mode. So there is no visitor at the moment. But It keeps displaying high, so I can't work on the Wordpress wp-admin.

best regards

Attached Files:

2. wonder_wonder

wonder_wonder Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry for I can't help at you but I view your image and its good that you can view this.
    I have a VPS self-managed, view the resources, but not the I/O usage, you view this for your hosting or for some plugin installed in WHM?
    Regards.

3. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @rizal aziz

The limitations imposed on your account are a result of the limitations added to your package from your provider. If you need more resources than what they're providing you'll need to discuss with them.

• They give you 768MB of memory which it appears that you're using all of
    • 25 Entry Processes - An entry processes limitation limits the number of entries into LVE a process can make. Processes enter into LVE when there is a new HTTP connection request for php/CGI. This would indicate that you have a maximum of 25 HTTP connections allowed. More information on what an Entry process is can be found here: Entry Processes Limit
    • 1.72 mb/s IO (disk reads/writes) - This controls the amount of data you're account is able to read/write per second. IO Limits

With this information it seems like your account is actually functioning fairly normally, I wouldn't expect a somewhat trafficked site to have much less than this. That being said it would sound like you'll need to contact your provider and discuss your limits with them. I'd also suggest you ask them for information on how you can lower your usage.

@wonder_wonder

These limits are a part of CloudLinux's LVE with CageFS. You can read more about their services here:CloudLinux - Main | New template and more about LVE specifically here: Understanding LVE

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. wonder_wonder

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi @cPanelLauren !
    Like always, thanks for your help.
    Ok, now I know that its for cloudlinux, always its good for me learn about all of this.
    Thanks.

cPanelLauren likes this.
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    @wonder_wonder

You're most welcome, CloudLinux is an especially useful tool for managing shared hosting servers. I'd definitely look into it if that's the route you're going.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    wonder_wonder likes this.
  6. wonder_wonder

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @cPanelLauren !
    Ok, I don't know that, cloudlinux its for managing shared hosted, in my case, isn't best option, I need / managed VPS, every VPS for only one site, not for shared :) (The servers/sites I admin need resources only for this site :))

Again, thank you very much!

cPanelLauren likes this.